Tuesday 10 May 2011

seven.

I can't believe that 'S' is turning 1 on Monday!! Where did the time go? It has come up on me so silently that aside from the cake I have done virtually no planning! Time to really step it up I suppose....

I do have the princess doll mini cakes but aside from that I don't think that I want to go overboard with a princess theme. My initial thought was perhaps a spring color themed party but as I am buying party supplies there is alot of pink showing up.... I am also having a hard time finding a baby girls birthday party theme that isn't surrounded in pink so it looks like it will be up to my own creativity to come up with something spectacular for her special day!

'G' seems to be handling the idea of her party coming up very well, we went shopping for birthday presents today and he was picking out all sorts of toys and aside from suggesting she might like a tool set he seemed to be interested in celebrating her birthday! He picked out a little piano for her from him it was very sweet.

I'm really looking forward to her birthday but a big part of me is kind of sad that it is already here! She is getting so big and just doesn't look like a baby anymore, she is really growing into a toddler now. Which reminds me how much 'G' is growing from a toddler into a little boy. I am so thankful for my beautiful children, I just want to appreciate every flying moment that we have with them.

~K

1 comment:

  1. Aw ya kids to grow up quickly, my mom used to always say to enjoy your kids while they are young, and its so true, however; i was blessed to be a young grandmother so I feel like I've had a second chance to watch babies grow once again...

    ReplyDelete